Gies Online offers a pathway, the Performance-based Admissions Track (PAT) program, for applicants who feel their profile may not be strong enough to gain direct admission to the iMBA degree program. The Gies Online Admissions team may also refer applicants to the PAT program based on a review of application materials.
To apply, submit your application for the Business Administration Performance-based Admissions Track (Online) NDEG program. You will undergo the same rigorous application review as a degree-seeking student, including a possible interview.
If admitted to the PAT, you will take a set of three pre-determined iMBA courses (below), and upon successful completion (cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better including a B or higher in at least two of the three courses) you will be automatically admitted to the iMBA program as a degree-seeking student for the following term. The credits earned in those three courses will be applied toward your MBA degree. All students admitted to the PAT program will have the full class experience as well as access to academic advising and support.
Unsure if your profile is a better fit for the full degree or the PAT program? Contact our team to discuss your qualifications. The admissions team will also review each application and you will be notified if the team recommends a path different than the one initially chosen.
To complete the iMBA Performance-based Admissions Track (PAT), a learner must complete all three courses in Core 2, Managerial Economics and Business Analysis:
- ECON 528 — Microeconomics
- BADM 572 — Statistics
- FIN 571 — Money and Banking
The three courses must be completed while maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA and you must receive a B or higher in two of the three courses. Courses should be taken one at a time. Additional courses taken will count towards the GPA and may result in an unfavorable admission decision.
Please review the sample schedules for PAT students and degree students to understand how you may complete your degree:
* Please note PAT courses may not be available every term. Speak with a member of our team to determine the best term to begin your studies.
- Not meet minimum undergraduate GPA requirement?
- Lack full-time or managerial work experience?
- Unsure if an online program is right for you?
- Unsure about the time commitment needed to earn your MBA?
Then the PAT program could be the best option for you. Apply now.
- Free application
- No enrollment deposit
- Opportunity to experience the courses in the iMBA program and earn academic credit
- All capstone requirements must be completed as a degree student.
- Nearing the successful completion of your PAT program, our team will reach out with next steps regarding your degree offer.