Back to iMBA Blog.
Hello iMBA –
A lot happening with the iMBA program over the next few months! Please be on the lookout for additional emails/blog posts that will contain specific details about each of the items below. It is extremely important that you take the time to read each of these emails/blog posts carefully and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
The summer and fall program capstone courses have been restricted. Going forward we will be implementing a different process to register for a program capstone course.
- Students should only take the Program Capstone in their final term in the program
- Students will need to add themselves to the degree conferral list via Student Self-Service in order to have access to register for the program capstone course
- A spring program capstone has been added, so the course is now offered in all terms
- Exceptions may be granted only due to student or family medical emergencies. Requests for exceptions to take the PC early are reviewed on a case by case basis
- A new exception form will be available to students and an email will be sent later this week with specific details and a link to the form
Tuition and Fees Updates
- The new tuition model does not take effect until Fall 2019*
- Summer courses will remain in the same model (Illinois HE tuition and Coursera fees for Illinois MOOCs)
- Late July we expect to begin moving Illinois MOOCs to a new structure with Coursera, and gradually will move towards students having access to all Illinois MOOC courses
- Note that Coursera fees will no longer be applied, but these are not “rolled” into the new tuition model
- Please watch for an email that will give more specific information as we move into the summer term
*pending University of Illinois Board of Trustees approval