Greetings iMBA Students –
This email is for students wanting to take the upcoming Core 1, Strategic Leadership and Management Specialization Capstone or the Core 2, Managerial Economics and Business Analysis Specialization Capstone.
Please read the following information carefully!
Capstone Informational Live Session
The instructors will introduce the capstone and take questions during the live session on June 18th at 5:30 pm US Central Time. Expect the session to last around 45 minutes. A recording of the session will be available for those unable to attend.
Please use the following link to register for the live session:
Core 1 and 2 Capstone Informational Live Session
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Capstone Course and Registration Information
The capstone courses are two weeks in length and have a strong focus on group interaction among the student teams. There are live sessions that are strongly recommended as well as required activities and deliverables. Please plan for an average of 10-15 hours per week to spend on the capstone course. Remember these are team-based capstones. Therefore, you will need to be able to work effectively and efficiently with all the members of your team.
- Please note: Capstone courses will only be on the Compass platform. There will not be an Illinois MOOC component on Coursera for the capstone.
- The deadline to register for the capstones is June 26th! Please remember that Core 1 capstone for July is full and no additional signups are possible. There will be another offering of Core 1 and 2 Capstones in Spring 2020.
- Pay attention to the course dates for each of the capstone courses.
- Overview documents for each capstone course are here: Core 1 Overview and Core 2 Overview
- In order to take the capstone, you need to have successfully completed all courses within the specialization
- You will need to register for these courses using Student Self-Service. Below is the registration information:
Each group needs 5-6 members. Before you submit your groups for each capstone, please do the following
- Find other members who are interested in working with you. You can ask on Workplace as well.
- Use registered names, and Illinois email address.
- Please designate one person in your group to be the primary contact. This contact should be the one to submit the form as well as let the program know of any changes to your group.
Please use the following links to submit the group member names. The deadline to submit your final group is June 26th.
Core 1 capstone group submission survey
Core 2 capstone group submission survey
If you are unable to find a group, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should have the subject line “Capstone Group Needed”.
As always, please direct any questions only to email@example.com.