View our FAQ document for admitted students.
Let’s Get Started!
To begin getting acclimated to the iMBA program and set up in the University of Illinois system, please start by completing the following tasks:
Students new to the University of Illinois:
- Admit ID: The Graduate College sends out an official notice of admit in batches. If you have received your official notice from the Graduate College, please find your UIN and Activation code in the same email, and follow steps 2 and 3. If you have not received your official notice yet, please wait for the email.
- Claim your NetID: This is a unique identifier assigned to you by the University. It will also serve as the login to many services across campus as well as your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). To claim your NetID you will need to have your UIN and Admit ID handy, and then click here. Your UIN and Admit ID can be found in the letter of admittance from the Graduate College.
- Set Up Password and Email: The University has a new password management system which requires only one password to access many University systems and services. To set the password, please click here. Once your password is set, you can then set up your Exchange email. Please click here for detailed instructions.
Current University students (non-degree) or students who have previously been enrolled
- No need to claim NetID
- If you have both a NetID and an EnterpriseID password, you need to reset your password and will then be able to use the same password for both. More information is available here
- If you have previously been a student at Illinois your ID will currently be disabled and require contact with Technology Services to be activated. University Technology Services may be contacted at 217-244-7000 or email@example.com .
University Exchange Email
Exchange is a service used for email, calendaring, and contact/task management at the University of Illinois. It is vital for receiving important emails and announcements from the University.
*Please note* It is extremely important that you check your Illinois email daily. All correspondence regarding iMBA courses (registration, communication from your instructors, etc.) and official University updates (transcripts, billing information, etc.) will be sent to your @illinois.edu email address.
To start using your @illinois.edu email account:
- After claiming your NetID, you will be prompted to claim your University of Illinois Exchange email account.
- Approximately one hour after claiming your email, set up your password and login at: https://webmail.illinois.edu/
- To set up your Exchange account on various operating systems and mobile, please visit the Set Up Exchange 2010 page from Technology Services.
If you have questions about your new Illinois email account, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.