Planning & Advising
Planning out your degree is an important step and will give you a road map towards graduation. We have dedicated advising staff who will work with you throughout your iMBA journey and can help you plan your degree to meet your professional and personal needs.
Before you begin course planning, it is important to review and become familiar with our Degree Requirements.
Here are some planning tools and tips to get you started:
- Sample Plans for students admitted in the fall or students admitted in the spring. These documents cover options for a 2, 2.5, or 3 year plan. If you want to complete the program in 2 years, you must take 2 courses every 8 week session. Students on the 3 year track can take one course every 8 week session. However, you must double up on courses at least 4 times during the program.
- Annual View of iMBA Course Offerings
- Gies Online Programs Student Portal — create a degree plan, view your completed courses & grades, and link out to commonly used platforms & resources. Make sure you make an appointment with your advisor to go over your plan!
- We recommend you budget 10-15 hours per week per course. For this reason, you should not take more than 1-2 courses at a time.
- There are certain courses we recommend you not take together. For example, BADM 567 and FIN 511. For this reason, it is always a good idea to contact your advisor to review your plan.
As a degree seeking student you will work with a team of advisors who will work with you during your time in the program.
The Academic Advising team is available every day of the week via office hours as well as on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Admitted students receive information on the schedule of office hours each semester.