Planning & Advising
Planning out your degree is an important step and will give you a road map towards graduation. We have dedicated advising staff who will work with you throughout your iMBA journey and can help you plan your degree to meet your professional and personal needs.
Before you begin course planning, it is important to review and become familiar with our Degree Requirements.
Here are some planning tools and tips to get you started:
- Sample Plans for students admitted in the fall or students admitted in the spring. These documents cover options for a 2, 2.5, or 3 year plan. If you want to complete the program in 2 years, you must take 2 courses every 8 week session. Students on the 3 year track can take one course every 8 week session. However, you must double up on courses at least 4 times during the program.
- Annual View of iMBA Course Offerings
- Course Planning Tool — please make sure you complete the plan and meet with your advisor to go over it. A unique link will be emailed to you and you can use this link to continue to make changes to your degree plan.
- We recommend you budget 10-15 hours per week per course. For this reason, you should not take more than 1-2 courses at a time.
- There are certain courses we recommend you not take together. For example, BADM 567 and FIN 511. For this reason, it is always a good idea to contact your advisor to review your plans.
As a degree-seeking student, you will be assigned an Academic Advisor who will work with you throughout the duration of your time in the program. One-on-one advising appointments are available to assist students and advisors are available to answer questions throughout the year.
When advisors have been assigned students, you will be contacted by your advisor to sign up for an appointment through the Advising Calendar.
Non-degree students will not have access to the advising calendar; however, you will have a point of contact in the department. If you have questions, you should email imba-support@Illinois.edu.