iMBA students are students in the Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We confer (grant) degrees 3 times each year in May, August, and December. Students who are eligible to graduate will also be contacted from the iMBA program.
Checklist for degree conferral:
1. Sign up through Student Self-Service > Graduation > Apply to Graduate > Select the semester/year you want your degree to be conferred. Please note that all requirements must be complete/pending by the academic term you wish to confer.
2. Take a look at the Receiving your Diploma page through the Office of the Registrar for more information on making sure your personal information is up to date and tracking your diploma.
3. Complete a Graduate Student Petition if you have taken courses as a non-degree student. You will indicate this is “transfer credit” and include all details of the coursework you took as a non-degree student (semester/year, CRN, Subject/Course Number). If you have not taken non-degree coursework, please skip this step.
Graduation Convocation Ceremony
Gies College of Business celebrates convocation in May and December each year. This ceremony is a celebration of your academic achievements and is completely optional. In addition, students who participate in the May convocation are welcome to participate in the Campus Commencement ceremony, which is held the same weekend (we do not offer a December Commencement ceremony).
Checklist for convocation & commencement ceremonies:
1. Complete the degree conferral checklist above.
2. Visit the Gies College of Business Convocation website for more information about the ceremony, including how to order regalia.
3. Sign up for Campus Commencement if you choose (for May graduates only).
4. Make your travel plans. Please keep in mind that hotels will fill up quickly for our December and May convocation dates. You can find a list of information about nearby hotels, parking, transportation, and other general information on the University’s Commencement website.