Successful MBA graduates of the future will be lateral thinkers who employ a creative, abstract approach to solving business problems. That approach is at the very center of our iMBA curriculum philosophy. Every encounter an iMBA student has with our program will advance lateral thinking. To visually represent that approach, we have chosen to use a tangram, a Chinese puzzle composed of seven basic geometric shapes that can be arranged in many ways to form a single silhouette. Its simple, modern, abstract style has international recognition and appeal. But, most importantly, it has meaning that equates to each aspect of our program.
- The spiral icon shows the dynamic and ever-changing nature of the business world.
- Six blue tans represent the six specializations required for the iMBA program.
- The orange tan base represents the foundation of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s land-grant heritage as a pioneer in innovative research that tackles global problems and expands the human experience.
- Illinois students, faculty, and alumni comprise an incomparable network of high-integrity people engaging together to innovate business in the global economy which completes the spiral curriculum philosophy.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- The candle represents the strategic vision needed by a leader and the light they shed to lead the way.
- Red signifies a pioneering spirit promoting ambition and determination.
ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS ENVIRONMENTS
- The upwards arrow shows progress and improvements in spite of the uncertainty caused by downward slopes in the world of micro and macro economics.
- This shape depicts a trajectory of a graph as seen in analytical or statistical tools used in business environments.
VALUE CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- The staircase symbolizes the step by step nature of the value chain model and operations towards progress.
- The gradient ramp in color shows a gradual improvement in finances and operations.
- The lighthouse is a symbol representing safe passage for ships. Likewise, financial management acts a beacon and guiding light, helping us navigate the rocky shores of business.
GLOBAL CHALLENGES IN BUSINESS
- The business environment is represented as a mountain range.
- The sunrise symbolizes the global strategy that rises above the challenges of the business environment.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND STRATEGIC INNOVATION
- The bold colors evoke the robust nature of innovation.
- The sailboat symbolizes the risky and exciting journey of entrepreneurship.
- The bird represents the rapid communication and freedom of the digital age.
Mary Kay Dailey | Executive Director of Communications, College of Business
Killivalavan Solai | Digital Art Director, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning