This post is for students who are interested in the following Focus Areas capstones:
- Entrepreneurship and Strategic Innovation and/or
- Global challenges in Business and/or
- Digital Marketing
- Business Analytics
Capstone Informational Live Session
The instructors will introduce the capstone and take questions during the live session on September 30 at 5:30 pm US Central Time. Expect the session to last around 45 minutes. A recording of the session will be available for those unable to attend.
Please use the following link to register for the live session: Focus Area Capstone Informational Live Session
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Capstone Course and Registration Information
The capstone courses are two weeks long and have a strong focus on group interaction among the student teams. There are live sessions that are strongly recommended as well as required activities and deliverables. Please plan for an average of 10-15 hours per week, to spend on the capstone course. Remember these are team-based capstones. Therefore, you will need to be able to work effectively and efficiently with all the members of your team.
- Please note: Capstone courses will only be on the Compass platform. There will be NO Illinois MOOC component on Coursera!
- The deadline to register for the capstones is September 25.
- Pay attention to the course dates for each of the capstone courses.
- Overview documents for each capstone:
- In order to take the capstone, you need to have successfully completed all courses within the specialization
- You will need to register for these courses using Student Self-Service. You can find the Registration information under the Fall 2019 Course Offerings.
Each group needs 5-6 members. Before you submit your groups for each capstone in the survey below, please do the following:
- Find other members who are interested in working with you. You can ask on workplace as well.
- Use registered names and Illinois email address.
- Please designate one person in your group to be the primary contact for us. This contact should be the one to submit the form as well as let the program know of any changes to your group.
Please use the following links to submit the group member names. The deadline to submit your final group is September 25 for Entrepreneurship and Global Challenges capstone, and October 15 for Digital Marketing and Business Analytics capstones:
- iMBA Focus Area-Entrepreneurship and Strategic Innovation Capstone
- iMBA Focus Area-Global challenges in Business Capstone
- iMBA Focus Area-Digital Marketing Capstone
- iMBA Focus Area-Business Analytics
Note: If you are unable to find a group by the deadline, we will help assign you a group. You do not need to email us.
As always, please direct any questions only to firstname.lastname@example.org.