There is no capstone for the Business Analytics focus area. If you were planning to complete a capstone for Business Analytics, please select either a Core capstone or capstone for your second Focus Area.
Introduction to Business Analytics with R – MBA 561
- Illinois Component: MBA 561 welcomes you to the world of business analytics by firstly exploring examples of how data analytics has improved business outcomes for large and small organizations. The course then continues by introducing you a powerful data analytic language, R, and RStudio, the integrated development environment (IDE) to code with R. You will be also introduced to notebooks, and dashboards, with which you can learn to communicate code and analytic results with other people. You will also learn some data manipulation skills to prepare your data so that they can be analyzed with visualizations and machine learning algorithms.
- Coursera Components: Introduction to Business Analytics with R
- 2 Credit Hours; 4 Weeks in Length
Introduction to Business Analytics: Communicating with Data – MBA 562
Data Toolkit: Business Data Modeling and Predictive Analytics – MBA 563
- Illinois Component: The emphasis of this course is placed on developing a business analytic mindset. You will then be exposed to various tools to perform tasks including extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data to conduct exploratory data analytics (EDA). These tools are Power BI, R, and Alteryx. In addition, you will learn different machine learning algorithms but also develop the ability to evaluate and select the right algorithms for the right circumstances and use Notebooks to communicate results with others. Please note, Because Power BI and Alteryx are only built to run on a Windows operating system, you will need to either have access to a Windows machine, or install additional software, such as Virtual Box, so that you can emulate a Windows operating system on your Mac or Linux operating system.
- Coursera Components: Tools for Exploratory Data Analysis in Business and Machine Learning Algorithms with R in Business Analytics
- 4 Credit Hours; 8 Weeks in Length
Applying Analytics Across Business Functions – MBA 564
MBA 564 will be revised into two 4-week, 2-credit hour courses.
- Illinois Component: This course sequence focuses on analytics techniques. The first course will be focused on marketing analytics techniques and how to apply them in real-world situations. The focus of these courses will be placed on learning various techniques to assess customer satisfaction.
- Coursera Components: The MOOCs for this course are currently being redesigned. If you have taken the MOOC associated with this course from last year, your progress in the previous MOOC will still be recognized. However, this year you will be enrolled to the revised MOOC, and you are highly encouraged to learn and take the new MOOC.