Our world has become increasingly digital, and business leaders need to make sense of the enormous amount of available data today. In order to make key strategic business decisions and leverage data as a competitive advantage, it is critical to understand how to draw key insights from this data. The Business Analytics specialization is targeted towards aspiring managers, senior managers, and business executives who wish to have a well-rounded knowledge of business analytics that integrates the areas of data science, analytics and business decision making.
The courses in this Specialization will focus on strategy, methods, tools, and applications that are widely used in firms and these are about:
- Data strategy at firms
- Reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data–and utilize data in organizational decision making
- Understanding data modeling and predictive analytics at a high-level
- Learning basic methods of business analytics by working with different tools and data sets
- Learning to make informed business decisions via analytics across key functional areas in business such as finance, marketing, retail & supply chain management, and social media to enhance profitability and competitiveness.
- Learn to develop a taxonomy of data analytic problem-solving strategies based on types of data, volume of data, and the nature of the business decision-making context that can serve you for the long term in your field of practice.
- Learn to identify business (functional) area gaps that can benefit from data-driven decision making, identify various stakeholders for a data analytic problem-solving approach, and develop a template for stakeholder interactions.
- Learn to combine business domain knowledge from decision makers with detailed steps that coordinate with the data analytics life cycle.
- Gain an understanding of the state-of-the-art data science techniques keeping in mind the corresponding business domains and functional situations where such techniques might find a home in organizations.