Deposit and Transcripts

Pay your deposit

A $250 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot in the program.  After you accept your offer, please make sure you pay this deposit right away through the Graduate College Application Portal.


UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, Gies Online Programs is not accepting original transcripts.  You may still send transcripts to the Graduate College if you do not need them returned to you. Contact us at if you have any questions.

Original transcripts need to be sent from your institution(s) if you have been admitted as a degree-seeking student in the iMBA program. Please note that any transcripts you uploaded in your application are considered “unofficial”.

The Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is required to confirm all of your past higher education credentials. In the “Illinois Admission Decision” email from the Graduate College that contains your Notification of Admission (NOA), you will be given a list of Official Credentials you need to provide (if any).  Credentials are required from each degree-granting institution.

Failure to send these documents in a timely matter will result in a transcript hold being placed on your student record, preventing any future term registration until cleared.

Transcripts sent directly by an institution that do not need returned to you, the student, should be sent to:

Graduate College Admissions, Registration and Enrollment Services
Coble Hall – Room 110
801 S. Wright Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Electronic Transcripts may be emailed to

All questions about these transcripts should be sent to the Graduate College

In some cases, a student will have only one original copy of their transcripts or degree certificate and will be unable to procure another.  In these cases, original copies may be sent directly to Gies Online Programs and we will return them to you or you may visit campus to submit your credentials in person.

If you submit your credentials via the mail and want them returned, you must include a postage paid envelope with your credentials.  We encourage you to also include tracking information.

For original credentials that must be returned, send to:

Gies Online Programs
Attn: Transcripts
2302 Fox Drive, Suite D
Champaign, IL 61820

If you’d like to visit campus to submit your credentials, you can:

  • Visit the Graduate College directly — appointments are recommended. Please email
  • Set up a time to meet with one of our Gies Online Programs staff. Please email

Deadlines for transcripts:

  • For Fall admits: September 15
  • For Spring admits: February 15

If you have questions or need support on this please contact us at or call (217) 300-2481.