This post is for students wanting to take the upcoming Program Capstone.
Please read the following information carefully!
Capstone Informational Live Session
Ron Watkins will introduce the capstone and take questions during the live session on Monday, October 28th at 5:30 pm US Central Time. Expect the session to last around 30 minutes. A recording of the session will be available for those unable to attend on The Program Announcement Page.
Please use the following link to register for the live session: Program Capstone Informational Live Session
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Capstone Course and Registration Information
The capstone is four weeks in length and has a strong focus on group interaction among the student teams. There are live sessions that are strongly recommended as well as required activities and deliverables. Please plan for an average of 10-15 hours per week to spend on the capstone course. Remember these are team-based capstones. Therefore, you will need to be able to work effectively and efficiently with all the members of your team.
- You must add yourselves to the degree conferral list via Student Self-Service for the term that all degree requirements are completed
- You must wait two days, after adding your-self to the degree conferral list before signing up for the Program capstone
- Please note: Capstone courses will only be on the Compass platform. There will not be an Illinois MOOC component on Coursera for the capstone.
- The deadline to register for the capstones is Thursday, October 31st
- You can find an Overview document of the Program Capstone here
- In order to take the program capstone, you need to have successfully completed all courses
- You will need to register for these courses using Student Self-Service. The CRN is 71990, MBA 591, section IMB from November 13-December 17, 2019.
Each group needs 5-6 members. Before you submit your groups for each capstone, please do the following
- Find other members who are interested in working with you. You can ask on Workplace as well.
- Use registered names, and Illinois email address.
- Please designate one person in your group to be the primary contact. This contact should be the one to submit the form as well as let the program know of any changes to your group.
Please use the following links to submit the group member names. The deadline to submit your final group is October 31st.
Note: If you are unable to find a group, we will find a group for you. You do not need to email us.
As always, please direct any questions only to firstname.lastname@example.org.