This post is for degree students wanting to take the Core 1 Strategic Leadership and Management Capstone, Core 2 Managerial Economics & Business Analysis Capstone, Core 3 Value Chain Management Specialization Capstone or the Core 4, Financial Management Capstone.
Please read the following information carefully.
Capstone Information Live Session
The instructors will introduce the capstones and take questions during the live session on Monday February 24th at 11:00am US Central Time. Expect the session to last around 45 minutes. A recording of the session will be available for those unable to attend.
Please use the following link to register for the live session: Core Capstone Information- Live Session
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with details about joining the meeting.
Capstone Course and Registration Information
The capstone courses are two weeks long and have a strong focus on group interaction among the student teams. There are live sessions that are strongly recommended as well as required activities and deliverables. Please plan for an average of 10-15 hours per week to spend on the capstone course. Remember these are team-based capstones. Therefore, you will need to be able to work effectively and efficiently with all the members of your team.
- Please note: Capstone courses will only be on the Compass platform. There will be no Illinois MOOC component on Coursera!
- The deadline to register for the capstones is February 29th!
- Pay attention to the course dates for each of the capstone courses.
- Overview documents for the capstone courses can be found here.
- In order to take the capstone, you need to have successfully completed all courses within the specialization
- You will need to register for these capstone courses using Student Self-Service. Below is the registration information:
Core 1 Capstone
Strategic Leadership & Management Capstone
CRN 70481, Section IM1, March 11-24, Jeff Flesher
Core 2 Capstone
Managerial Economics & Business Analysis Capstone
CRN 70482, Section IM2, March 11-24, Vlad Dolgopolov
Core 3 Capstone
Value Chain Management Capstone
CRN 70483, Section IM3, March 11-24, Joe Bradley
Core 4 Capstone
Financial Management Capstone
CRN 70484, Section IM4, March 11-24, Jeff Flesher
Each group needs 5-6 members, except Managerial Economics, where the instructor has recommended 4-6 members. Before you submit your groups for each capstone, please do the following
- Find other members who are interested in working with you. You can ask on Workplace as well.
- Use registered names, and Illinois email address.
- Please designate one person in your group to be the primary contact. This contact should be the one to submit the form as well as let the program know of any changes to your group.
- The deadline to submit your final group is February 29th. Submit your group members using the links below.
Note: If you are unable to find a group, we will find a group for you. You do not need to email us.
As always, please direct questions only to firstname.lastname@example.org.